"We all have our burdens. Of course they are not the same in all of us. Some are more evident than others. There are people whose burdens we all see. These get our compassion and our sympathy. We come up to them with love’s warmth and help.There are others, however, whose burdens are not visible or apparent. These seem to us to have no trouble, no struggle, and no load to carry. We envy their lot. But probably if we knew all about their condition . . . our envy would change to sympathy.
The burdens that the world cannot see are often the heaviest. The sorrows that wear no weeds of morning, and close no shutters, and hang no crape on the doorbell, are oftentimes the bitterest and the hardest to endure."
~ J. R. MILLER in "The EVERYDAY of LIFE", 1892
The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed,
a refuge in times of trouble.
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee:
for thou, LORD,
hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
~ Psalm 9:9-10 ~
a refuge in times of trouble.
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee:
for thou, LORD,
hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
~ Psalm 9:9-10 ~
4 comments:
Wonderful post. Bearing burdens is so hard, especially when we can't feel the load be lightened.
I love the verse. It is true, The Lord has said that He will never leave us or forsake us and I am almost 65 and He hasn't.Have a very happy day. connie from Texas
P.s. I have added you to my blog list. I hope you don't mind.
Hello, I came over here from my Mother in-laws blog, Mrs. Connie.
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this post.
Have a wonderful day.
Tracy,
I know exactly what you mean :o)
* * *
Connie,
This and other similar verse are the promises of the Lord that strengthen me each and every day!
Thanks for adding me to your blog list :o)
* * *
Theresa,
Welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed this post :o)
I have been reading parts of JR Miller's book online but it would be much easier to have it in printed form.
* * *
A wonderful weekend to all of you!
Dallas
Post a Comment