Friday, May 23, 2008

Yesterday's Happenings

Yesterday was a busy day and eventful day in our home.

We were having friends over for supper so I did a bit of preparation later in the morning after I received 2 phone calls from friends.

Shortly before noon, I drove my son to his doctor's appointment and on the way home we stopped by one store to buy more potatoes since I didn't have quite enough and at another to pick up his 2 prescriptions.

Once home and with lunch taken care of, I prepared everything else, including getting the strawberries ready for later. In the midst of this I also received 2 delightful calls from my daughter, just returned to her new home across the country, and was blessed greatly by them.

Our guests arrived for supper and we all enjoyed the meal which was baked ham, mashed potatoes, julienned carrots, peas, a tossed salad and strawberry shortcake for dessert. We had a delightful visit with them afterwards.

In the midst of our conversation, while I was just sitting and relaxing in my favourite chair, my right eye suddenly felt "odd" ... there was no pain or anything but just a strange feeling and toward the left inner peripheral vision, it seemed a little darkish and my lid was a little heavy.

Thinking it very strange, I asked them all to glance at my eye from where they were sitting and all commented on how it looked dark somehow. Well, it wasn't until they left shortly afterwards that I looked into the bathroom mirror to see what had happened.

A blood vessel must have burst because the inner corner of the right eye was blackish-purple and the same colour was running along the bottom ridge of the eyelid. It looked like someone had given me a good punch or put on blackish-purple eye-liner, something I've never used!!

Because my husband was working last night, I thought it best to get him to drop me off at our ER department, "just in case", thinking it best to at least have it checked out.

After a 3 hour wait, a doctor pronounced it a "spontaneous hemorrhage" and said that they are usually nothing - - that it would pass on its own and probably not happen again. IF it does happen again, sooner than later, I should get back in to have it checked out.

Well, I look pretty strange but at least I know there's no need to worry and wonder ~ something I'm pretty good at.

Strawberries in a Bowl by Linda Lane

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad to hear it wasn't anything serious!

I've been having to put allergy drops in mine as they get bloodshot and itchy!

Your menu for your company sounded so good!☺

~~Deby said...

Wow, this would have scared me...praying that it will heal and all will be well.
Deby
LOVE the picture...just love dots and have my white with red dots teapot..this picture reminded me of it...

Abounding Treasures said...

Ya-Ya,

Thanks, I am too :o) The meal turned out delicious and I was thrilled to have NO leftovers!

Glad you've got allergy drops that help your eyes feel better.
* * *
Deby,

Your prayer that it will heal is much appreciated and I'm glad that the picture reminded you of your own polka dot teapot :o)

Dallas