Another busy Monday here at my house! A load of laundry done and as I type, I've got the load of towels in the dryer, still to fold :o)The grocery stores were pretty quiet today as I went about my business and by the time I filled up with gas, I got quite a shock as it now costs just under $50.00 to fill the tank! Considering my husband works in a city about 1 hour's drive away and have to fill up 3 times a week, I consider it a hefty expenditure these days.
Although it was a beautiful, sunny day, it's a good thing that I didn't just get a special hairdo as the wind was blowing what I did have all over the place ~ left, right, center and back again as it was a very blustery day!!
Once I got home in the afternoon and had put away the groceries, I decided to take my chances with any night frost and put my carnation transplants in the garden area at the front of the house. I have about 7 gorgeous bleeding heart shrubs across that side and just a few spaces in between, so that's where they went. I still have to get a few more annuals to fill in bare spots here and there.For supper, I made a chicken, mushroom, onion, broccoli stir fry with white rice, egg rolls and plum sauce and other than my son pushing aside the onions in his and my husband pushing aside the mushrooms in his, we enjoyed it. I've told them that they can always send any donations of those my way as I love both :o)
I am enjoying listening to my husband play his guitar as I type and outside, the spring peepers are chattering to each other ~ a sound that I love on these nights that are finally warming up!
Happy Memorial Day to Everyone :o)
4 comments:
For some reason I didn't know you were Canadian, this whole time I thought you were American. I must not have been paying very good attention! (o;
Sounds like you had a lovely Monday.
Blessings,
Michele
Michele,
You paid attention ~ I just don't think I mentioned it before :o)
You know how it's been, trying to keep low profiles in order to be careful online, etc...
I trust you and your husband had a good weekend and I can see from the dumpster soon to arrive, that for the next several days, you won't have to wonder what to do!
Dallas
Your dinner sounded so delicious!! And what sweet sounds you were treated to ~ guitar music and the birds singing! It sounds like you were blessed with a delightful day!
Blessings,
Sharon
Sharon,
You're right ~ I was blessed with a delightful day :o)
Thanks for stopping by ...
Dallas
Post a Comment