Monday, April 7, 2008

Tea Time

For hundreds of years, "Come for tea" has been another way of saying, "Come, let's share a little bit of our lives together".

Quietly and without threat, this inviting phrase calls us out of ourselves and into special relationships with others.
~ Emilie Barnes


There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. ~ Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady

There is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, Letters and Social Aims

Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company. ~ Author Unknown

This is a very special teapot that I purchased a couple of years ago with birthday money given to me by a friend.

I had admired it in the little gift shop the year before but when I went in, all the stock had been put away for new seasonal items.

The clerk checked out back and I was so thrilled that there was 1 of these delightful teapots left, even though it will only hold enough for 2-3, depending on the size of the teacup or mug :o)

TEA is my favourite hot beverage and I like it best if it's really hot when I drink it :o)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I love tea, too! Pretty pot!

Anonymous said...

Your tea pot is very pretty! I really enjoy tea as well only mine has to be decaf. (o:

Many Blessings!
Michele