Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Liver, Bacon, Onions and Cherry Pie

I never thought I'd ever hear anyone say that liver, bacon and onion was their favourite! But recently, I did!!

We have an elderly friend still living in the hospital because of a stroke last summer. We had him over for supper tonight and when I had asked him last week what he'd love to have after eating hospital food for so long, without hesitation he smiled from ear to ear and said, "Liver!!"

So, that's what was on the menu! Liver sliced thinly [as for a stir fry], lots of onions sliced in rings, some low-sodium bacon, mashed potatoes, julienned carrots, corn and cherry pie with whipped cream [actually it was only Cool Whip, but still tasty] for dessert!!

I was happy to make it for him and amazed that such a small thing on our family's part meant so much to him :-)

After supper, as per our usual, we gathered in the living room and read a chapter from the Bible, followed by some lively discussion. All in all, a very enjoyable evening!

No comments: