February is HEART Month and I'm not simply referring to Valentine's Day :-)HEART MONTH holds a very special significance for me because it's often a time for the promotion of organ donation awareness.
Having been the recipient of a donor hear almost 3 years ago, needless to say, I am now very aware of how urgent the need is for organ donors!
Take a few moments to talk to your loved ones about your wishes. This is extremely important because even if you sign your organ donor card, your family or loved ones have the FINAL say, even after you have died.
As a Christian, I really never knew how I felt until I was in a position of need myself. My whole experience has caused various members of our family to sign their donor cards!
When someone who is unsure of how they feel, brings the possibility right into their own family, they realize that if it were their son or daughter, their spouse, they would pray for them to have that 'gift of life'.
A mother who donated her daughter's organs once said: "How can I bury a beating heart?"
[art CUORE POESIA]
No comments:
Post a Comment