Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Afternoon Ponderings

Well, the dental appointment was better than I thought it would be. I was called only minutes after I arrived so I had no time to be nervous in the waiting room.

No cavities were found [Yeah!] but it was suggested that I would benefit greatly by purchasing and faithfully using an electric toothbrush because of my bottom teeth that are crowded.

So, off I went to Wal-Mart and managed to find this Oral-B rechargeable individual model for a lot less than what the dentist suggested I pay for the Deluxe Model :-)

They are anxious to see the difference when I return in 3 months for a 'scaling'.

I am too!! I wonder whether using one of these really makes any difference at all.

I had done the preparations for homemade pizza this morning and placed all the necessary ingredients for the dough in my breadmachine as well. I had planned on pressing the "ON" button before I went out the door and returned home fully expecting the dough to be ready to roll.

You can imagine how I felt when there was no familiar yeast fragrance to greet me as I opened the door :-(

A very quick change of menu was needed so I improvised with what was already thawing out!

I fried up the ground pork and added some low sodium taco seasoning and then set aside 1/2 for supper and 1/2 for tomorrow's pizza :-)

I parboiled about 3 cups of diced potatoes and used the rest of the onion left from the pizza preparations as well as a small yellow pepper sitting in the fridge.

I cooked the diced potatoes until they were getting crispy and then added the onion and pepper and already cooked meat and cooked. Delicious, tender corn cooked in the microwave and although it wasn't what I had planned to have, it was fine :-)

2 comments:

The Liberty Belle said...

So glad your trip to the dentist went so well! I've switched to an electric toothbrush as well.

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks for your kind wishes! The electric toothbrush is still charging but I'm looking forward to my 1st try tomorrow morning :-)

All those desserts you've baked and photographed at your blog really look yummy.