"To read a book for the first time is to make an acquaintance with a new friend; to read it for a second time is to meet an old one" ~ Chinese ProverbThis is how I feel about any of the STILLMEADOW series of books written by Gladys Taber from the late 1940s until her death in the late 1970s.
Mrs. Taber infused life and magic into everyday happenings and bring joy and amazement to my heart and soul with every page and description. Since I've read most of them, they are old and dear friends that I long to visit every year, especially during the winter when:
"The night was clear and frosty, all ebony of shadow and silver of snowy slope, big stars were shining over the silent fields; here and there the dark pointed firs stood up with snow powdering their branches and the wind whistling through them" ~ from ANNE of GREEN GABLES by L. M. Montgomery.
No comments:
Post a Comment