Saturday, January 5, 2008

My 1st CROCHETED Dishcloth

I recently made my 1st crocheted dishcloth from an easy but very pretty pattern I found online and that I've posted below. It makes a stretchy cloth that wrings out easily and that's what I like.

Considering that I love crocheting, I'm surprised that it took me so long to give it a try! I enjoyed it so much that I've purchased 2 big 12 oz. balls of yarn to crochet to my heart's delight.

EASY CROCHETED DISHCLOTH by Cheri Mancini
Supplies: Worsted weight cotton yarn
Size H or 5 mm. crochet hook [I used a size 6 mm.]

CHAIN 29 [or any odd number to achieve the desired width you want]

ROW 1: SC in 2nd chain from hook and in each chain across. CHAIN 1, turn [28 SC]

ROW 2: SC in back loop of 1st SC. SC in front loop of next SC. *SC in back loop of next SC, SC in front loop of next SC*.

REPEAT from * across row. CHAIN 1, turn.

REPEAT Row 2 for pattern. Continue crocheting the pattern until you reach the length that you want your dishcloth to be.

When you are satisfied with the size: CROCHET the last row in SC, through both loops of previous row or SC.

FINISH off and hide ends.

REPEAT Row

No comments: